When it comes to matters of child custody, the lawyers at Garton & Vogt, P.C., never hesitate to stand up for you and your children. Attorneys at our Clinton Township, Michigan, law firm use 20 years of legal experience to make smart decisions that get results. We handle a wide range of child custody matters, from helping couples determine child custody and parenting time in a divorce, to enforcing custody or modifying it when a parent moves out of state. We can also help grandparents with some child custody and visitation matters.

Determining Child Custody In A Divorce

Child custody solutions that work, especially in a divorce, are ones that keep the best interests of the child in mind while being fair to both parents. At Garton & Vogt, P.C., we help our clients shape effective parenting plans. Usually, these parenting plans give parents joint legal custody, meaning that both parents have the power to make major decisions about their child's life. These decisions include choices about medical care, education, and religion. Parenting plans usually designate a primary residence where the child can live and go to school. They also usually create a fair parenting time schedule for the other parent.

We know, however, that each family is different. At Garton & Vogt, P.C., we tailor our services to meet each family's individual child custody needs. Although we encourage methods of alternative dispute resolution, we do not hesitate to go to court to make sure the judge understands the real best interests of your child.

Changing The Place Where You Live — Your Domicile

When parents share child custody, they may need the help of an experienced lawyer when one parent wants to move out of Michigan. At Garton & Vogt, P.C., we can help. We use over 20 years of family law experience to help our clients with a change-of-domicile issue. Each family is different. Sometimes we use our services by drafting an agreement about change-of-domicile and having the court order it. Sometimes we have to fight hard to prevent an unwanted move by another parent. Whatever your needs call for, we can help.

To contact Garton & Vogt, P.C., about your child custody needs, please call us at 586-257-2692 for a free phone consultation. We are conveniently located in Clinton Township and accept most major credit cards.